20.1.10

world without strangers

in light of my two most recent posts, i've had a mind to amend my list of new year's resolutions.

it goes a little something like this....

2) tell more about actual life and living in korea
3) tell more about my school and teaching kindergarten kids

most of my posts have been about my training for my first marathon.
and i'd like to continue blogging about that.
endurance sports have become me.
triathlons, marathon running, whatever fix is next.

but i'd like to let you, the reader, in on more of what it is like not to live in the u.s.a.
what it is like not to live in the west.
what it is like to live, literally, on the other side of the globe, where it's day to your night.

i'd like to be your eyes into a foreign kindergarten, taught by a 22 year old punk, who in fact doesn't like kids.
i'd like to illustrate how it is a young alien teaches to young children.

i'll have to expand each resolution later.
i just want to use this blog to lay down a preface and offer an hors d'oeuvre.

working backwards, in respect to resolution #3, please refer to my post before this one (the photos).
that's the appetizer for that one.

as for #2, i'd like to send you over to a blog upon which i stumbled whilst googling 'bob dylan korea 2010' (i heard he's coming sometime this year and was vaguely interested).
and i can tell you know, i feel as though my view will be skewed because i'm half korean and i have serious motivation to be here (see new year's resolution #1).

but, to borrow the words of a great news medium, i want to be fair and balanced.
so, i want to offer you the opposing point of view.
please refer to this guy.

take a peek.
think what you will.
if you want to know what i think about a particular topic, please ask me.
i'll probably also cover a lot of topics he does, just to offer my own point of view.

this guy is more like the app. combo for resolution #2

here's to the start of the new year.

lots of love,

jo

No comments:

Post a Comment