18.9.17

writing vs. speaking

i revealed to a friend my writing/journaling style, how i just tend to flow a stream of consciousness
she pointed out how that's essentially the exact opposite of my speaking style, how i take time to formulate thoughts

it is curious thinking about that, how i don't like to put my thoughts down on paper in raw form.
but, i like be very careful with my spoken word

i guess writing is more of a vehicle to just spit out thoughts, just to get it out and recorded, although it is recorded permanently.
the spoken word to me means more to me because it has a direct and immediate audience or recipient.  the spoken word must mean something to them.  it shouldn't be just letting words flow free; it should be calculated and precise. 

i've fallen out of practice of writing in general, but aim to pick it back up again.  whether that's here or physically in a book.
i like it here because it doesn't take up physical space.
i like physical writing for the feel, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment