4.2.18

hangover

ugh

i feel hungover
yesterday i attended the postulancy conference for aspirants of our diocese seeking priesthood and diaconate
after a full day of full-on pouring out of my spirit, i feel hungover
i honestly feel like i was put drinking yesterday evening and had just one too many

my fellow aspirants carl's friend calls it a vulnerability hangover
it really takes a lot of energy to be so vulnerable, to open up so much
i might call it a spiritual hangover.  i think this feeling can be had after any times of really opening our selves spiritually
being so open and in tune with things and people really requires a lot of energy.
even last night when I returned home i turned into a sloth
(funny enough, as i'm writing this i remember carl telling me he'd turn into a jellyfish and i wasn't sure I knew what he meant.)
as we were leaving yesterday father pae told me i could take off today and now i know why he suggested it: i was on a vulnerability bender.
i'm hungover.

No comments:

Post a Comment