7.2.18

liturgy

the other day after officiating evening prayer, one of the persons attending told me she really enjoyed my officiating in particular and really feels the Holy Spirit present
i was humbled.
and a bit speechless.
it's such a joy for me to officiate.
perhaps liturgy is part of my calling in ministry.
i also very much enjoy singing in the choir.
i feel so at home in worship.


also, at the postulancy conference, i was asked to read the Gospel for morning prayer.
afterwards, a laywoman told me she loved my reading, and she'd listen to me read all day.
i was so pleased to hear this because i think reading and liturgy is part of my vocation.

part of what i need to develop is confidence in my gifts and talents, something pointed out to me at the postulancy conference.
i think it's time i recognize and really own my reading and liturgy gifts.

lots of love, 

jo

No comments:

Post a Comment