9.8.09

mom, i made it

kids.
don't try this one at home.
don't ever go out drinking hours before a 14 hour trans-pacific flight.
because you'll probably pass out before the plane even taxis to the runway.
and sleep for nine hours.
and wake up extremely dehydrated and dry and not to mention quite confused in the coach section of a 777.
well actually.
go do that.
because thanks to a dear friend i had one of the best nights of my life.
big ups to anne werner.
if you happen to run across this.
we will meet again soon.
sooner than you think.
i promise.
well. i'm here.
chilling in korea.
waiting on my friends to get off work.
as i sit here and enjoy my big ass $1 bowl of delicious ramyun and my 75g pack of kimchi.
i definitely need to get my korean language wings back.
this might take a while.
but i still managed to make my way on my own with minimal problems.
anywho.
i've got a whole lot of nothing to do right now until my friend gets off work.
i guess i can read.
or study korean.
there's an idea!
lots of love,
jo

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you made it safely, dude. Joflo and I were talking about you and the fact that you are half a world away now. I am glad to have the blog to make you feel a little closer.

    I like the Brand New reference too. Hopefully, you'll be able to pick up their new record in Korea around the same time late September that we folks back home will.

    I'll check in with you early and often. Enjoy the free time before you get to work.

    Thanks again for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking before a 14 hours flight should be mandatory, its nice to just omit 9 hours from the flight into whatever dream you wish to have, hopefully it was a good one or several dreams for you... then your half way there and its time for some food, water, more alcohol, and a movie or 4.
    Glad you made it with minimal problems, if you had said no problems I'd know you were lying, every trip has some small glitches...thats just how it goes.
    Good Luck with the Kimchi, so not my thing..but the candy is freakin awesome, oh yeah and dentists are dirt cheap so be sure to have all yoru work done before you come home.
    Looking forward to the patio of daves again soon.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete